Friday, August 8, 2014

Travelogue - Blue Mountains, Sydney

Before heading to Sydney in July, I asked around for recommendations and everyone said I had to visit Blue Mountains. Some recommended tours, others said to head there on my own. In the end, we decided to make our own way there, and Blue Mountains did not disappoint. 


It was right smack in the middle of Australia's winter while we were there. Having survived -30 degrees, I thought it wouldn't be a big deal. Big mistake. I forgot to account for the fact that I was heading to a mountain. The day we went to Blue Mountains, it was less than 10 degrees. My only wise packing decision was to throw in heatpacks at the last minute.

Coldness aside, the weather was beautiful.

We took a 2 hour train ride to Katoomba before further taking a bus to see the Three Sisters.
Mother Nature astounds me once again by her beauty. I swear the clouds in Sydney are unreal. 


After a little exploration at Echo's Point (which is where the Three Sisters is located), we headed to Scenic World to further take in the sights of Blue Mountains. There, we can across Katoomba Falls which supplies Sydney's drinking water. 


Had our packed lunch at a little park! And got to feed the ducks. 
Scenic World was fantastic. They had a cable way, funicular and skyway that we got to enjoy. The walking trails were lovely too as they brought us closer to nature. 

By the time 4pm rolled around, we were exhausted but happy. I wish I had time to explore Wentworth Falls but I guess this just gives me an excuse to go back to Sydney once more. On the 2 hour train ride back to the city, I crashed and had a nice long nap. Blue Mountains was definitely worth the time and effort it took to get there. 

2 comments: